Wine is one of the most consumed drinks in the world today. This is the major reason as to why different technologies and techniques are coming up to improve the service as well as the manufacture of the wine. It is necessary as a consumer or even a seller of wine to know the different techniques involved in wine. It is necessary to know about the different types of wine service equipment available. This equipment and the skill of the bartender is what adds flavor to the wine. Wine service is a whole different sector that should be learnt by every person involved in the wine industry.
There are some basic wine utilities that a person should not lack apart from having wine by the glass. The equipment are priced differently depending with the manufacturer. Some of the common equipment that a person should not lack includes;
• Wine glasses- this is the most basic form of accessory that the home or bar should not lack. There are mainly two types of glasses that are specific to certain types of wine. The two main categories are white wine glasses and red wine glasses. Apart from that the glasses can also be categorized according to use. For instance, there are specific types of glasses that are for wine tasting while others for drinking.
• Wine bottle openers- wine bottles are usually sealed with a cork that is not easy to open. There are different types of wine openers available. The owner should be able to choose a wine opener that seems adequate and useful to him or her. Wine poppers are also one method of opening wine bottles.
• Wine coolers- this should however not be confused with the common form of wine coolers that is specific to the cooling of alcohol. To be precise this is any equipment that is specific to the cooling of wine.
• Wine decanters- this is a type of glass equipment in which the whole bottle of wine is poured into. This might not be of use in that case that the person has a relevant wine pouring system. The decanters mainly have four basic uses or benefits. The uses of this equipment are wine aeration, sediment removal, easy pouring and a perfect presentation.
• Wine collars- these are forms of wine accessories that easily fit around the neck of the wine bottle. The main purpose if this accessory is to absorb any wine that might drip from the bottle after pouring wine.
• Stopper- just as the name suggests the main function of the stopper is to seal the bottles when there is some left over wine. There are basically three major types of wine stoppers that usually take different shapes and sizes. The three types are categorized in accordance to the material used in its manufacture. The three types of wine stoppers are rubber stoppers, glass stoppers and plastic stoppers.
• Tastevin- this is one of the oldest wine equipment available. It was used to judge the level of maturity of wine by wine makers. It is characterized by its shallow small shape and is made out of silver. The main reason behind their size is that regular wine glasses tend to be too deep to judge the color and maturity of wine. To know more about wine fridges Australia, visit this site.